Stand up for animals on December 3, 2019 for #GivingTuesday!
Giving Tuesday is a global giving moment to support the causes you love—like LCA's work to end animal cruelty!
When you donate to LCA, you will help keep LCA's investigators working in the field to expose horrific animal abuse, and you'll feel good knowing your help will support LCA's lifesaving work for animals! Just look at what LCA has achieved for the animals with you by our side in 2019...
- Working to stop the dog meat trade in S. Korea - Throughout 2019, LCA and S. Korean sister organization Animal Liberation Wave (ALW) continued the campaign to end the dog meat trade in S. Korea. In June, LCA and ALW exposed an unlicensed auction house selling dogs for consumption—which was closed as a result—and in July, LCA and ALW protested Boknal at the National Assembly in Seoul. Thanks to your help, all dog meat slaughterhouses in Seoul, S. Korea were closed in October 2019. Learn more.
- Saving Virunga's mountain gorillas - LCA continues to support Virunga National Park in the Democratic Republic of the Congo—the best line of defense the park and the rangers have. Your support has allowed LCA to provide electric fencing around the airfield and a Bat Hawk aircraft to the AirWing's growing fleet. Learn more.
- Exposing animal cruelty at Sheik Halal Farms slaughterhouse - In 2019, LCA released an undercover investigation into Sheik Halal Farms slaughterhouse, a provincially licensed meat plant in Ontario, Canada, exposing incidents of apparent animal abuse, disturbing practices, and possible violations of food handling safety procedures. Learn more.
On Giving Tuesday, you will have the opportunity to support LCA's groundbreaking investigations and hard-hitting campaigns. Your donation will allow LCA to expose animal cruelty around the world and make real change for the animals.
Great news! This Giving Tuesday, Facebook will match donations made on Facebook! Starting at 8:00 am EST (5:00 pm PST) on December 3, 2019, donations will be matched dollar for dollar on a first-come, first-served basis up to $100,000 per nonprofit and $20,000 per donor. Here's how to maximize your donation on #GivingTuesday:
- On 12/3/19, make a donation to LCA using the "Donate" button on LCA's Facebook page.
- On 12/3/19, create a fundraiser on Facebook for LCA.
Don't miss out on this amazing opportunity to double your impact! Thank you in advance for your generosity and don't forget to save the date: Tuesday, December 3, 2019!